What We Believe, Teach, & Confess
- We believe and confess one Triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and the Gospel as the power of God for the salvation of all who believe.
- We believe the Bible to be the revealed and inspired Word of God, and the authoritative source of our proclamation, faith, and life.
- We accept and confess as true statements of the Word of God, the Apostle's, Nicene, and Athanasian Creeds.
- We accept the Unaltered Augsburg Confession as a true witness to the Gospel, and the other writings in the Book of Concord as further valid interpretations of the faith of the Church.
- We acknowledge and confess our sinful nature in the sight of God, and recognize that only in and through the power of the Holy Spirit who gives us faith in Jesus Christ are we made right with God.
- We teach and believe that God loves all people and, therefore, we invite and accept all people into our faith community without prejudice.
- We value the gifts and the giftedness of each person.
- We believe all people are called to share in the mission given to us by our Lord and, therefore, we encourage and promote the use of individual gifts in the shared ministry of the Church.
- We trust in the Holy Spirit's power to transform and empower people to witness to their faith and serve God and others in daily life.
Here's a link to the text of the Augsburg Confession (the definitive source for what Lutherans believe):
To explore the rest of the Lutheran Confessions, check out the Book of Concord. Here's a link to a site that helps you do just that: